Drop us a line on our Contact Form, or using the contact details shown below the map.
Richmond TW9 2RG
General enquiries, including submissions
Prelude Books Ltd
13 Carrington Road
Richmond TW10 5AA
UK trade sales
Stanmore Business & Innovation Centre
Stanmore HA7 1GB
+44 (0) 7976 273225
Basingstoke RG21 66XS
+44 (0) 845 070 5656
Peribo Pty Limited
58 Beaumont Road
+61 (0) 2 9457 0011
International Sales Consultant
175A Mount View Road
London N4 4JT
+44 (0)20 8341 0956
Prelude Books Ltd
+44 (0) 774 7751577
Competition Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules (“Rules”) and apply to any promotion, prize draw or competition (“Competition”) featuring on the Farrago Books website (www.farragobooks.com) (“Website”) and in e-mail newsletters (“Newsletter”) and social media posts, unless otherwise expressly stated.
- By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
- The Competition is organised by Prelude Books Ltd, 13 Carrington Road, Richmond, Surrey TW10 5AA.
- Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice on the Website or Newsletter for such Competition (“Competition Notice”) and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
- Prelude Books reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, act of God, war, civil or military disturbance or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside the reasonable control of Farrago Books. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Competition Notice where possible. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Prelude Books Ltd, 13 Carrington Road, Richmond, Surrey TW10 5AA.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, results, conduct and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of Prelude Books shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Employees (or members of the families or households of employees) of Prelude Books or any company involved in the management, issuance or promotion of the Competition or, if relevant, any advertising agency or web company connected with the Competition or any such person’s subsidiary or associated companies, are not eligible to enter the Competition. Prelude Books reserves the right not to award a prize (and to select an alternative winner) if Prelude Books is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that a winner is not eligible.
- Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition, which will be set out in the Competition Notice, for example the need for a valid passport.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Prelude Books reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- The address you provide with your competition entry (“Entry”) will be used to send any prizes.
- Where a Competition is open to all age groups, Prelude Books assumes that by using the Website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules. If a Competition is only open to a certain age group (e.g. 18 and over), this will be set out in the Competition Notice and Prelude Books assumes that by entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are the appropriate age to enter the Competition).
- Prelude Books reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Prelude Books in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
- You may enter the Competition once, unless indicated otherwise in the Competition Notice, however where a winner has been selected and Prelude Books discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has used any software or automated process either to answer questions or to make bulk entries, Prelude Books may in its sole discretion select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be equally subject to these Rules.
- Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date and time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to meet these criteria will result in disqualification from the Competition.
- Any purchase requirement will be detailed in the Competition Notice. Failure to meet any such requirement will result in disqualification from the Competition. Return of purchased items before any specific date detailed in the Competition Notice will result in disqualification from the Competition. In the absence of a specific date in the Competition Notice, return of purchased items before the closing date or draw date (whichever is the latter) will result in disqualification from the Competition.
- Any other requirement, for example subscribing to the Newsletter, will be detailed in the Competition Notice. Failure to meet or to continue to meet any such requirement will result in disqualification from the Competition. For example, unsubscribing from the Newsletter before any specific date detailed in the Competition Notice will result in disqualification from the Competition. In the absence of a specific date in the Competition Notice, failing to meet or to continue to meet the requirement before the closing date or draw date (whichever is the latter) will result in disqualification from the Competition.
- Proof of submission cannot be accepted as proof of receipt. Prelude Books cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside the control of Prelude Books.
- Unless stated otherwise in the Competition Notice, prize winners will be chosen at random from all correct and eligible Entries or from all submitted Entries (where creative or artistic merit or other subjective criteria apply to Entries), on or after the date specified in the Competition Notice or if no date is specified, within 30 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. Where applicable, tie-breakers will be judged by Prelude Books and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator. In all matters, the decision of any judge(s) and Prelude Books shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice, or within 60 days of the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Notification may be by any means of communication made available by the entrant, such as postal address, email or telephone. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply within a reasonable period determined at the discretion of Prelude Books may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published on the Website or for a list of winners you can send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Competition Prize Winners, Prelude Books Ltd, 13 Carrington Road, Richmond, Surrey TW10 5AA, making reference to the specific competition.
- Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Prelude Books reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time. Prelude Books undertakes to make reasonable efforts to complete delivery.
- Prizes are awarded at the discretion of Prelude Books and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
- Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. Prelude Books reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
- All and any expenses, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- Prelude Books cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
- Prelude Books is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, computer, server, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems on the internet, telephone, or at any web site, or any combination of these, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition.
- Nothing shall exclude Prelude Books’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Prelude Books reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to any third party not associated with the management of the Competition without the individual’s prior consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by Prelude Books for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist Prelude Books in dealing with any queries on the Competition.
- Where the Competition Notice requires sign-up to the Newsletter, data will be kept in a database for the purposes of sending the Newsletter. No details will be passed on to 3rd party organisations.
- The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- You can contact us in relation to any Competition by writing to Prelude Books Ltd, 13 Carrington Road, Richmond, Surrey TW10 5AA, making reference to the specific competition.